Programming & Engineering
Aether Studios is looking for a PlayFab Engineer to run the backend server and player transactions for an upcoming title. This role would be responsible for developing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining the game’s server infrastructure and performance. Implementation will be done in Unreal Engine so experience in Unreal is preferred. Qualifications include prior experience with playfab or similar backend platform for a live service game. Be part of the growing team that created the smash success Rivals of Aether as we build the best platform fighter experience for players.
- Create the backend server for the project that hosts matchmaking, player accounts, and transactions
- Document best practices and instructions for using the systems in the backend.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server bugs with gameplay engineers
- Optimize code to meet project latency requirements
- Create safeguards to identify and protect against cheating and theft
- Create telemetry tools to track player stats to aid in competitive balance
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to produce backend tools that benefit the team and project.
- Experience working on a game that uses the Playfab backend service
- Familiarity with Competitive Online Games with Ranked Matchmaking. Examples: League of Legends, Slippi (Melee), Guilty Gear Strive.
- Worked on a shipped game that employed live services including matchmaking, user accounts, monetization, etc.
- Experience creating a backend server for a software development project
- Portfolio with description of previous work experience
- Experience with C++
- Knowledge of game development engines and their integration with backend services
- Experience developing in Unreal Engine
- Experience working on a video game project
- Interests in the fighting game genre
- Previous work on a multiplayer title
Aether Studios Offers
- Remote work
- Flexible core hours
- Competitive compensation
$30-$40/hr based on portfolio and experience